This project is designed to increase empathy and help people with non-medical backgrounds better understand the perspectives of heath-care workers in our current social and political environment. This project is also a time capsule that will help future generations better understand what it was like to be a medical worker during the COVID-19 pandemic.
All questions are optional and consent will be requested before using any recording or portion of recording in the final video project. If you are afraid of being Identified by your employer I am still interested in talking and will keep your identity a secret. The purpose of this project is to provide transparency regarding what is happening in hospitals across America during the COVID-19 pandemic.
About me (Parker Charles): I am an independent multimedia & technology specialist who has helped various organizations facilitate effective online communication.
Once the video is complete it will be published to Youtube and Facebook. The video may also be published on other platforms in the future.
- What do you do for a living?
- What brought you to decide to do this kind of work?
- On a scale of 1-10—how much job satisfaction did you have before COVID-19?
- On this same scale of 1-10—what is your job satisfaction now?
Governmental Approach to Virus Questions:
- How do you think we should approach this virus? Do you believe that we need to wear masks in public? Social distancing? What should we do about non-essential businesses?
- If you could you talk to the president today what would you want to tell him about your experience as a health care worker.
- If you could you talk to the president today what would you ask of him?
- What, if anything, do you wish the government was doing better to help you do your job safely?
- Which forms of media do you consume and where do you mostly get your news?
- How do you feel the media is portraying the virus? Do you believe that the media is helping or hindering your ability to do your job as a medical worker? How?
- Has any one ever attacked you for your views on the media, in the community, in your own family or home, or on the job? Please describe.
- How are the people in your community responding to the virus? Are they wearing face-masks? Staying six feet apart? How do you feel about how they are responding?
Job Coping Questions:
- What is a typical workday like for you in terms of your stress level? What is the best and worst parts of your workday?
- How do you cope with the difficult times?
- Do you worry about how your job will or has affected your family members? Please describe.
- After you finish your workday and head toward home, what things do you think of?
- When you walk through your own front door, what feelings and thoughts occupy your mind?
Friends and Family Questions
- Do you ever worry that your job will somehow affect your family in terms of this virus? If so, how?
- Have you or one of your family members had the virus? If so, please describe your experiences with this?
- What extra stresses, if any, does your homelife suffer because of your job of working to combat this virus?
- Have your roles of being a mom, wife, father, husband been affected by the virus? If so, how?
- If you could tell one story that you would like to add to the history books about this time of COVID-19—what story would you tell to our future generations?
- What crosses your mind when you open your door when you go home. How do you feel when. you get home from work?